Covid-19 Health and Safety Information
The Dean and Chapter of Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, take health and safety responsibilities very seriously. Working with the Cathedral’s appointed Health and Safety Consultants, we have developed a Covid-19 Health and Safety Policy, which includes specific risk assessments for our activities during these times.
Our aim is to provide staff with a safe workplace, and for our visitors, a Cathedral that is safe to re- open in line with the Government’s ‘Recovery and Resilience Path’ Summer 2021.
To achieve this Saint Patrick’s Cathedral:
- Has carried out Covid-19 risk assessments.
- Has cleaning, hand-washing, and hygiene procedures, in line with HSE guidelines in place
- Has taken all reasonable steps to maintain a two metre distance in the workplace and within the Cathedral.
- Has achieved certification confirming compliance with Failte Ireland’s Covid-19 Charter’, which is displayed in all appropriate areas.
- Has guidance on protecting yourself against Covid-19 in place for all who enter the Cathedral
- All staff, volunteers, visitors and worshippers are required to wear a face covering inside the Cathedral.
- The number of visitors and worshippers allowed in the building at any one time will be limited and managed.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided on entry/exit points and other key areas around the Cathedral
- All visitors are requested to maintain social distancing while inside the Cathedral
- Our toilets are open and frequently cleaned by our team and a system is in place for managing queues if necessary.
- There is guidance on hygiene, social distancing and safety around the Cathedral as friendly reminders.
- Worshippers and visitors are asked not to visit if they have symptoms of Covid-19 or are feeling unwell.
- Please try to avoid touching surfaces during their visit
- Contactless payments for entry and purchases at the Cathedral shop are preferred.
- Keep two metres away from other visitors and from staff
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using facilities
- Wear a face covering inside the Cathedral
- Use the hand sanitiser dispensers.
In line with ‘Failte Ireland’s Covid-19 Charter’ for visitor attractions, extensive cleaning and processes, to protect the safety of our worshippers, visitors, staff and volunteers are in place.