We are currently recruiting for Sales Assistants to join our existing team and assist with the daily running of the shop within the Cathedral. This is a seasonal post running from March to October 2023. Weekly working hours will be a 30/35 hours per week over 5 days. Additional hours may be available where there is a requirement on an occasional basis.
The ideal and successful candidate will:
• Be a team player who will work closely with the Retail Supervisor and along side colleagues all working towards a common goal
• Ensure that the Cathedral retail operation runs efficiently and effectively.
• Ensure that visitors receive courteous, friendly, and professional assistance at all times.
• Seek and strive for excellence in all customer interactions.
• Ensure all cash and credit transactions are carried out accurately.
• Carry out visual merchandising and stock replenishment, as required.
• Other duties as directed by Cathedral management.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Previous retail experience.
• Excellent Customer Service skills.
• Ability to stay calm under pressure.
• An ability to sell and interact with customers.
• A positive (can do) attitude
• Experience of cash and credit card handling procedures.
• A friendly team player who is flexible and willing to work in different areas if required.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the Cathedral’s commitment to Safeguarding.
• Ideally 12 months previous retail experience.
• Experience in working in a built heritage environment.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Sunday 26th March 2023.
Receive our monthly newsletter for news and information