Our dedicated staff give a whole host of support to all areas of the Cathedral’s operation from its offices to the running of our gift shop. Without them the Cathedral could not offer the quality of welcome and care that it does.
There are vacancies for 2 singers (1 tenor & 1 bass) to join us in the Cathedral Choir as Lay Vicars. The Choir sings 12 choral services a week of which the Lay Vicars sing 7 including evensong Monday to Friday at 17.30 and 2 services on Sundays (11.15 & 15.15). In addition to leading the daily worship, the choir regularly broadcasts, gives concerts and has recorded 5 commercial CDs.
Saint Patrick’s Cathedral has been at the centre of our history and culture for over 800 years. Dating from the 13th Century and built in honour of Ireland’s patron saint, Saint Patrick’s is the national Cathedral of the Church of Ireland and is also one of Ireland’s most popular tourist attractions. With over 600,000 visitors in 2019, it is the third most visited admission-charging tourist attraction in Dublin city.
We have vacancies for Cathedral Assistant & Guides to provide support during our busy season which runs until October 2022. Weekly working hours will total 40, paid on the basis of €12.50 per hour. The role operates on a shift basis (five over seven day roster) between the hours of 08.00 and 20:00. Occasional additional hours will be required and in respect of which overtime will be paid.
• Ensuring a warm welcome to worshippers and visitors to the Cathedral;
• Working at the Welcome Desks, duties include operating the till, welcoming visitors, managing visitor flow, handing out information leaflets and other related duties;
• Conducting guided tours of the Cathedral, gaining a good knowledge of the Cathedral and its history, and passing this on to visitors;
• Being a welcoming presence to worshippers and visitors at the Cathedral gates while worship is in progress;
• Assisting Cathedral management in delivery of successful events including (but not limited to) services, concerts and graduation ceremonies;
• Assisting at the Cathedral’s Gift Shop.
• Other duties as directed by Cathedral management.
• Excellent customer service skills – you will have a confident, positive and professional approach;
• Experience of working in a busy, fast-paced environment
• A team player who is willing to work in different areas if required;
• Experience of cash and credit card handling procedures;
• Reliable and flexible.
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Friday 27th May, 2022.
Saint Patrick’s Cathedral has been at the centre of our history and culture for over 800 years. Dating from the 13th Century and built in honour of Ireland’s patron saint, Saint Patrick’s is the national Cathedral of the Church of Ireland and is also one of Ireland’s most popular tourist attractions. The Cathedral is the third most visited admission-charging tourist attraction in Dublin city, and is also popular as a venue for concerts, graduation ceremonies and other events.
We now have vacancies for Events Assistants to work alongside our verger team to support in the set up and de-rig of events. Assistants work under the direction of Cathedral Management and the Marketing & Events team.
Hours will be offered subject to requirements and availability and contracts will run for an initial period of 6 months commencing in May 2022. Minimum shifts will be based on a four-hour call with at least 7 days’ notice. The rate of pay is €11.17 per hour with an additional €1.00 per hour payable for working unsociable hours.
1. Ensuring a warm welcome to all attending the Cathedral
2. Constructing staging for events
3. Setting out seating for services and events
4. Guiding people to their seats
5. Staffing emergency exits
6. Assisting at receptions
7. Clearing up after events and ensuring the Cathedral is clean and tidy ahead of worship
8. Other duties as directed by Cathedral management.
• Ideally, prior experience working in an events environment
• Must be able to carry out manual handling tasks
• Team worker
• Strong communication skills
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 27th May 2022.
Volunteers must be fluent English speakers, be able to communicate clearly with our visitors, and have an interest in learning and sharing information about the Cathedral.
More information about the roles on offer can be found on our volunteering page, or by contacting the Volunteer Coordinator, Clark Brydon, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 (0) 1 453 9472.
Saint Patrick’s Cathedral participates in the Gasice Programme and can sign off (as a PAL).