The beautiful Lady Chapel of St Patrick’s Cathedral is the location for these readings from one of the scariest Irish novels ever published.
Excerpts of the novel will be read by:
- Joseph O’Connor, acclaimed novelist and Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Limerick
- Marie Gethins, award-winning short fiction writer and current PhD student at the University of Limerick
- Darryl Jones, Professor of Modern British Literature and Culture at Trinity College Dublin and expert on all things gothic
- Madeline Potter, specialist in the area of theodicy and Irish gothic literature
- Christina Morin, senior lecturer in English at the University of Limerick and author of Charles Robert Maturin and the Haunting of Irish Romantic Fiction
- Jason McElligott, Director of Marsh’s Library and curator of the ‘Ragged, Livid & On Fire: The Wanderings of Melmoth at 200’ exhibition.
Afterwards, you are invited to attend the launch next door in Marsh’s Library at 17:15pm of an exhibition about Maturin’s great novel: ‘Ragged, Living & On Fire: The Wanderings of Melmoth at 200”. To book a place at this launch, please use this link: launch.