Saint Patrick’s Cathedral Choir School was founded in 1432 by Archbishop Richard Talbot to provide for the education of the choristers and was originally housed in what is now the robing room of the cathedral. It has had an almost continuous history since its foundation, the two interruptions being the Reformation and Cromwell’s Commonwealth.
Nearly 600 years on, the choir school continues to educate the choristers and is now a two-teacher, co-educational school under the patronage of the Church of Ireland providing education to pupils from third to sixth class.
Admission into the school is via a voice trial – for details, click HERE
Becoming a Cathedral Chorister opens a world of exciting performing opportunities including regular broadcasts, concerts, recordings & tours. Want to learn more? Just click HERE
Stuart Nicholson, Master of the Music
c/o Saint Patrick’s Cathedral,
Saint Patrick’s Close,
Dublin, D08 H6X3