Saint Patrick’s Cathedral has been at the centre of our history and culture for over 800 years. Dating from the 13th Century and built in honour of Ireland’s patron saint, Saint Patrick’s is the national Cathedral of the Church of Ireland and is also one of Ireland’s most popular tourist attractions. The Cathedral is the third most visited admission-charging tourist attraction in Dublin city, and is also popular as a venue for concerts, graduation ceremonies and other events.
We now have vacancies for Events Assistants to work alongside our verger team to support in the set up and de-rig of events. Assistants work under the direction of Cathedral Management and the Marketing & Events team.
Hours will be offered subject to requirements and availability and contracts will run for an initial period of 6 months commencing as soon as possible. Minimum shifts will be based on a four-hour call with at least 7 days’ notice. The rate of pay is €12.62 per hour with an additional €1.00 per hour payable for working unsociable hours.
1. Ensuring a warm welcome to all attending the Cathedral
2. Constructing staging for events
3. Setting out seating for services and events
4. Guiding people to their seats
5. Staffing emergency exits
6. Assisting at receptions
7. Clearing up after events and ensuring the Cathedral is clean and tidy ahead of worship
8. Other duties as directed by Cathedral management.
• Ideally, prior experience working in an events environment
• Must be able to carry out manual handling tasks
• Team worker
• Strong communication skills
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Receive our monthly newsletter for news and information