/ World Mental Health Day October 10th 2017
World Mental Health Day October 10th 2017
October 12, 2017 Posted in:
Saint Patrick’s Cathedral were delighted to host a day of talks, and engagement opportunities for people and organisations interested in Mental Health and Wellbeing. We had a wide array of speakers which included:
- Katie Hoban from Aware, a national organization providing a broad spectrum of services from support groups to corporate wellbeing sessions
- Josephine Kiernan, from Pieta House Pieta House provides a free, therapeutic approach to people who are in suicidal distress and those who engage in self-harm.
- Paula McDermott, from Turn2Me.org – an online support organization aimed at the over 18’s and a pilot project for youths from the age of 12 – 25
- Aisling Doherty, from Jigsaw.ie – a free confidential mental health support for young people aged 12 – 25
- Colin Hayes, Co-Founder of Sailing into Wellness – a sail training programme catering for community groups working in the youth, addiction and mental health fields.
- Roisin Doolan from www.Reachout.com – an online youth mental health service: it helps young people through tough times and was, in fact, the first of its kind in the world
- Ellie Kisyombe, founder of the Our Table project supporting and advocating for people who are resident in Direct Provision
Attendees included many individuals, and a variety of groups and organisations: Coolmine rehabilitation programme, Shannon’s Hopeline Ltd., EVE Phoenix Clubhouse, Dublin City Inter-Faith Forum, Dublin City Council and many more. Organisations who supported the event by providing information, leaflets and posters include EVE Thomas Court Centre, Mental Health Ireland, Health Service Executive – Health Promotion Unit.